Monday, June 29, 2009

The way you make me feel....

He may have been strange. odd. it don't matter if you're Black or White. you are weird.

But you can't deny the creativity. the talent. the voice. the moves. the power. his ability to bring the world to their knees. Or better yet, cause the world to stop because of a rumored death. BAM. So fast. so sudden. so shocking. yet was it really that shocking? nah. More like unexpected. At least now.

I look back at jacko the wacko. i mean look at him. look back through the years. He went from a really nice looking young man to a not so bad looking semi-white guy with awesome hair to Whoa! what happened to you? Personality disorder? I think so. and sadly the money to change that man in the mirror.

Lets look past that into the man. I personally don't believe the molestation charges. I don't believe that he was fully an adult. He was eternally a boy. Trapped by stardom and was never taught how to live, to love, to manage wealth. and as a result he crumbled. I believe he was a great dad to his kids. I finally saw a picture of them and maybe they are his. They have some color to them and brown eyes...it is possible afterall!! I really hope his kids will survive this and know what kind of man their dad was...how famous and inspirational he was...that they will carry on his legacy. Its a shame he can't be there for them anymore :(

He was part of my childhood. My mom introduced his music to me when I was a baby. I am an admitted fan. always have been. I always was happy to hear certain songs of his. I remember the first time I saw Thriller. I remember the early 90's phase, even the premiere of Remember the Time. I also remember "Fat" uh by Weird Al. He'll live forever through his music. Our grandkids will know who he was. An icon never dies.

I have not shed a tear. I will not. I will just moonwalk through my kitchen next time. Who will dance on the floor in the round

now I've had my say.

1 comment:

  1. You know if it wasn't for Michael's "Beat It" we never would have had "Eat It" and that would truly be a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete