Tuesday, November 24, 2009

He's there for your entertainment...

^^Click Title to see video^^

So yea. I wasn't surprised when I heard/saw this. Adam Lambert is a glamorous, flamboyant and openly gay guy. Wonderful for him. And obviously he is very sexual. As most people in their 20's that I know. There is nothing wrong with strong sexuality. Though crude obvious acts of a blow job was not cool, but apparently ABC knew of that in the act and the rehersal.

Then again, it was a "family" type show (ok the people winning awards on that show are not truely talented, or are dead ^^Yea MJ...I'm talking to you^^, and are just today's flavors of the week. bleh), so he should not have been so graphic. but wait! Did people not notice the scantly dressed girls? Or the S & M component with the guy on the tight leash? or the overly done makeup on the guys? or the shiny outfits? or the humping and grinding? or the strip dancing and....list goes on. The performance was meant to shock and awe the general audience. Pushing boundries is today's extreme thoughts...and why not? Hell I wish I could have had tv like this when I was a teen. I was sexually curious. I found the stuff on late night CBC...yea CBC. Today, turn to any channel at 8 pm and you`ll get suggestive content like sex, nudity, cursing, ect on Family Guy, 2 and half Men, Sex and the City, even spongebob. cripes. This world is just simply sexually suggestive. and its for our entertainment. Even take the shallow content of music today (Lady GaGa, Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears, Nickelback, and anything else on Vibe or top 40 stations) and really listen to what our kids are exposed to.
Ok so you shield your kids eyes when Adam takes the stage....but do you shield their ears from the music on the radio? I doubt it.

He`s not the first to cross boundries (think Madonna, Ozzy, Bowie) and won`t be the last. yes, it was wrong of him to do those acts, then again, he is here for your entertainment and these days, anything goes! talk to your kids or learn to better censor.

No comments:

Post a Comment